Courthouse Construction

Dedication Ceremony was held June 18, 1937.  The 2 story building was built at a cost of $120,000.00.  JC Canning recieved the contract for plumbing and heating, NW Electric Co. was awarded the electrical work, Iver Orheim was the new general contractor when Isak Matson balked on the deal.  The PWA approved all contracts and work started July 2, 1936.  This fine building has undergone many improvements and updates which make it one of the finest courthouses in the entire area.

The beginnings of the Renville County Courthouse
The beginnings of the Renville County Courthouse.
Horses and men working to dig the basement.
Horses and men working to dig the basement.
The first floor is almost done!
The first floor is almost done!

Putting on the finishing touches.
Putting on the finishing touches.

Building is done!
Building is done!
Dedication Ceremony June 18, 1937.
Dedication Ceremony June 18, 1937.